Mobile Casino Games
The mobile phone has changed the way people gamble across the globe. Smartphones and tablets have led to a surge in mobile based casino gaming, and mobile casinos are now the rage across the world. The numbers speak for themselves and are so huge that every existing online casino software provider now has a mobile offering, and there are new providers who cater exclusively to the mobile casino market.
Where To Play The Best UK Mobile Casino Games
The sites listed below offer a variety of mobile games, ranging from around 80 to well over 300 in some cases. They are all no download or “instant play” casinos, i.e. there is no need to download an app. You simply choose a game once you have created an acocunt, and play it instantly on your mobile device’s internet browser. We have tested all of these casinos on the Apple iOS operating system as well as on numerous popular Android devices (including a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Galaxy Tab). We have also tested most of them on a Windows Phone.
What has made mobile casino gaming so popular globally? It makes casino gaming completely personal while retaining the quality of service you get at a desktop casino.
- Personalized gaming experience: ability to play high quality games on your mobile device
- It brings to reality the concept of gaming on-the-go
- Can play mobile casino games for real money and also for free
- Wide selection of games to choose from
- Excellent bonuses and promotions from all operators
- Ability to pay and withdraw funds directly from your smartphone or tablet
- Fantastic customer support
The Global Mobile Casino Games Market
With countries like the UK and Australia opening up to the concept of real money gambling at mobile casinos, mobile casino gambling is picking up pace rapidly worldwide. A study indicates that 60% of mobile gaming will be on the mobile platform. The following numbers give a clear picture of how fast and big this market is growing globally.
- Social-casino games: 55% spike between 2013 and 2014, standing at $2.7 billion at the beginning of 2015.
- Revenue from mobile card-based games: $100 million in 2013, $150 million in 2014
- Revenue from mobile casino games: approximately $70 million in 2013, $100 million in 2014
- Combined revenue for card and casino games: A 105% spike between 2013 and 2014.
Mobile Casino Gaming in Australia
By 2017, the global mobile gambling revenue is slated to hit an incredible $100 billion. That is an astounding number, given that the worth of the entire industry was just $27 billion in 2014.
In Australia, the leading platforms for mobile casino gambling currently are Android and iOS.
- Android: 54.5%
- iOS: 36.8%
- Windows Phone: 7.4%
- BlackBerry: 1.1%
However, in terms of device the leader in Australia in terms of market share is Apple, with Samsung (Android) coming a close second.
- Apple: 41%
- Samsung: 32%
The Windows Phone platform is also growing quite rapidly. Initially there were glitches because the earlier Windows OS versions were not dedicated towards mobile game play. That is changing with the arrival of Windows 10, which is targeted at the mobile segment of the market as well. An indication of this is the fact is the launch of the Microsoft store in Sydney, the first one outside the USA.
You can play at mobile casino games both from Android as well as iOS devices. Let us now take a look at some of the popular Android casino software/game developers.
Android Casino Software/Game Developers
As mentioned earlier, in Australia the majority share of the market has been picked up by the Android platform, with the iOS platform in second place. There are other platforms as well – Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and others. All the top online casino software providers also have a mobile version of their offering nowadays. These include companies like:
- Nyx Interactive
Instant Play Games vs. Games In Native Apps
The two major modes you can play games at a mobile casino are. Native apps involve mobile casino games download, while HTML5 games are available for instant play:
- ‘Native’ or specific to individual platforms
- High quality because of platform-specificity
- Available for download from app distribution platforms like app stores
- Faster and take less time to download
- Small portfolio of games because of size issues
- Not easily available in Australia as Google Play (for Android) and iTunes App Store (for iOS)
Instant play games
- Developed in HTML5 and compatible across multiple platforms
- No download required from app store; instant play from the phone browser
- Large cache of games
- Same high quality as in native apps
- Easily available in Australia at every mobile casino
Most Popular Real Money Mobile Game
So if there was one real money game that you had to play, which one would that game be? And which would be the best mobile casino to play it in? Of course, there are a number of factors you would need to consider, including:
- Overall game experience
- Quality of graphics and animations
- Built-in bonus features
- Bonuses and promotions
Our recommendation is the Spinata Grande slot from NetEntertainment. This game looks great and has a range of fantastic features that make it fun and exciting to play.
- 5-reel video slot with 40 paylines and symbols arranged in 4 rows
- Compatible with Android as well as iOS devices
- Loads of exciting symbols including the Colossal wild symbol
- Free spins
- Maximum win of 120,000 coins